Simon Watson lives and works in Burton-on-Trent. He studied 3D Design at Brighton polytechnic and later worked at Bronze Age sculpture casting studio in East London where he learnt the processes and techniques of bronze casting. Simon first focused on sculpture and explored the relationship between man and machine culminating in the ‘machine age series’. A piece was selected to be featured in the prestigious book “Reasons to Love the Earth” a collection of artworks curated by the Earth foundation in the Netherlands.
Simon is a figurative artist and his work varies in style and content ranging from realism to semi abstraction. Simon has received awards for his work and was a finalist in the “Not the Turner prize”(final eight), for the painting “The Groom Smoking”.
He works in a variety of media and styles including digital media, sculpture, drawing and painting. His work has been shown at an impressive array of venues including the London Mall Galleries and he has sold to many art collectors world wide.
Simon also teaches art and is available for art workshops and Public Commissions.
- Wirksworth Art Festival, Derbyshire
- Artspace 99 – Barn Galleries, Henly on Thames
- Henley Music and Arts Festival
- Cusp Gallery, Stamford House
- Visions of the Future, Millais Gallery, Southampton Institute
- Art at the Interface of Science and Technology, New Greenham Arts Centre, Newbury
- Circles Gallery, Southsea
- Staffordshire Open, Shirehall Gallery, Stafford
- The Millenium Art Collection – Sculpture selected to feature in the international arts project ’1001 Reasons to love the Earth
- Floriade, Feel the Art of Nature, Amsterdam
- The Face andthe Figure, Orleans House Gallery, Riverside, Twickenham
- Not the Turner Prize, Mall Galleries. London
- Art for Nature, Museum Leeuwenbergh, Utrecht, Netherlands
- The Dial, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire Gallery DNA, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire
- Shrewsbury Open, Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery
- The Bronze Gallery, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire
- Arlington Arts Centre, Newbury
- The Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent, Staffs
- Dazed and Refused, The Arch Gallery, Tower Hamlets, London
- T4C, The Arch Gallery, Tower Hamlets, London
- Full Fat Art, 107 Station Street, Burton Upon Trent, Staffs
- Emporium Gallery, Lichfield, Staffs
- Pint Arts Festival, Burton Upon Trent